The importance of blogging to increase engagement
5 advantages of blogging for marketing
Regardless of the type of small business you have, blogging is extremely important for a number of reasons. It is a key ingredient in your marketing strategy to increase brand awareness and drive traffic back to your website.
Today, there are more than 600 million blogs, out of more than 1.7 billion websites. This week, I’m going to share some of the benefits of blogging for marketing and the components of an effective blog post so you can join them.
First, let’s explore 5 benefits of blogging for marketing:
1. Your blog generates traffic to your website.
Whether you use SEO to help people find your blog, promote it in paid ads, or post it on social media, all roads lead to your website. The more relevant and search engine optimized blogs you share with the world, the more traffic will come to you.
And once your data shows you what types of content work best, you can start writing multiple posts related to the most popular topics.
2. Blogs increase your search engine rankings.
Search engines are always looking for new and relevant content. By blogging, you are inexpensively creating new content for search engines to index.
You should start by researching to find relevant, high-volume, lower-competition keywords to include in your articles. But you don’t want to fill your writing with keywords to try to get search engine attention; this will actually have the opposite effect.
A professional SEO company can help you blog with just the right amount of keywords. Also, read How To Get Higher Blog Post Rankings Using SEO Yoast On Our Website.
3. Valuable content can increase sales
When you share content that adds value to your readers’ lives, they are more likely to buy something from you. Instead of simply driving traffic from your paid ads or social media to a website full of links, you can direct people to blog posts that complement your product or service.
A well-written text offers the perfect opportunity to educate and inspire people, who now better understand the value of what you are offering.
4. Blogs build trust among your target audience.
Blogs allow you to connect with website visitors and customers in an authentic way. If you consistently provide high-quality content to your target audience, you will start to be seen as an authority in your industry.
However, earning people’s trust cannot be rushed. Don’t resort to pushy sales tactics or post a dozen articles in a few weeks expecting a huge increase in readership and sales. Be patient and genuine to get the best results.
5. Your presence on social media can benefit.
One of the main benefits of blogging for marketing is that it easily supports your social media efforts.
When you share on social media, people who see and like your content may be tempted to share it with their followers, increasing traffic to your website and awareness of your brand.
Second, you have the opportunity to engage with followers who comment on your posts, which helps build trust and brand loyalty.
Components of an effective blog post
Now that we’ve established the importance of blogging for increasing engagement, let’s look at the components of an effective blog post:
1. A compelling headline: Think about what you would like to see if you were looking for a solution to your problem. For example, the title of this article is “The importance of blogging to increase engagement.” Would you like to read it if it were “Why is blogging important?” It is less likely.
2. Caption Policy: This is especially useful for longer blogs. Captions break up your content and guide your reader to the next step. For example, the section you are reading now is “Components of an Effective Blog Post,” which tells you exactly what to expect.
3. Well-researched and value-added content: The gist of your article is what people will pay the most attention to. Back up what you’re saying with statistics or research from industry leaders to make it more credible.
Give your readers real-world examples of how your product or service will improve their lives, not just a list of features.
READ: How To Excel At Engagement-Based Email Marketing.
Engagement-based email marketing relates to the way your subscribers interact with your email newsletter. Once they’ve opened it, you should still surprise them with its content.
An article can be a great tool for engagement-based email marketing. You can put the full article in the body of the newsletter or just have the first paragraphs of the article in the newsletter and then link to your blog.
Read more on our website.
4. A strong call to action: Often referred to as a CTA, a call to action is a button, image, or text link that directs the user to the next step in their website experience. (In SEO terms, these steps make up the conversion funnel.)
Without a call to action, the user has no idea where to go and risks losing it to another website / competitor. So what are you trying to get your potential customer to do? One of the main components of an effective blog post is letting people know whether to buy now, learn more, download an e-book, etc.
5. Visually appealing graphics – Using visuals that match your branding can be incredibly appealing. Using images has many advantages:
They help create an emotional connection with readers.
Many people are visual learners, so pictures help you tell your story in the most effective way.
Posts with relevant images perform better in search engines.
Blogs with images receive higher engagement than those without images. For example, Facebook posts with photos receive an average 37% increase in engagement.
6. Good meta description: Basically, meta descriptions provide a description of the content of your publication within the search engine.
So when someone is deciding which search engine result to click, which one do you think they will choose? A creative and personalized meta description that encourages them to learn more, or a generated, often irrelevant meta description generated by the content platform (for example, WordPress) that you use?
There are so many advantages of blogging for marketing. Never underestimate the importance of blogging to increase engagement.
If you take the time to understand your target audience, do your keyword and topic research, write compelling copy, and promote it on social media, it will be worth it.
In fact, you may find that your blog is the most powerful marketing tool you have!
For the success of your business,