Conventional Newspaper Vs Internet
Newspapers have been one of the most popular mediums for fresh news around the world. Each locality has its own way of reaching people with the use of the conventional newspaper. The fact is that there are billions of people around the world who subscribe to their local newspapers. It has been a tradition for everyone to read the morning paper while enjoying a cup of coffee or eating breakfast.
However, the news has never been the same since the day the Internet was introduced to the public. People have witnessed how the internet changed the way news is delivered. With a laptop or computer and an Internet connection, you’ll be able to read the latest news from around the world. After a decade of Internet use, online readers have grown considerably.
If you have to choose between these two, which do you think you’d rather read and receive updates?
Here are some facts to know about newspapers and the Internet…
1. The news is well researched and edited: This is one of the advantages of reading the news from a newspaper. Writers typically research firsthand facts about a situation, and newspaper editors play a large role in getting the story published.
2. The news is concise. Unfortunately, every journalist has to be concise about the story he is writing because there can’t be space available for very long stories. Therefore, it has been a tradition for newspaper companies to be concise about the stories they publish.
3. News may be late: Printing and delivery of the newspaper to readers and subscribers may take longer than expected. The point is that it will take time to write, proofread, queue, print, and deliver the stories.
1. News can also be well researched and edited; however, this is not a guarantee. The editors do not review all news sites or the online news community for compliance with the standard. So, as you may experience sometimes, there are misspelled words or grammatical errors in an article or news online.
2. The news is longer: Every writer has a lot of room when it comes to writing stories online. There is no limit to the duration of the news or article. The fact is, it’s even better to have longer stories. On top of that, a news forum can link to other authoritative news sites for references and more information.
3. News often arrives on time: Most news communities bring news to people around the world in real time; it means that everyone can read certain news as it happens. You don’t have to wait for delivery before you can read the stories, unlike the newspaper.