Common questions you may be asked during an interview at the UK Home Office – ICS Legal
Possible questions to expect in a UK visa application interview.
When attending the Home Office center, it is extremely important to ensure that you follow the established process.
• UKVI centers are usually managed by VFS Global and Teleperformance.
• With most centers, you will need to keep a reserved appointment date. You will be denied entry if you attend without an appointment.
• Be sure to come with the required documents as per the guidelines.
Questions or topics covered:
• Confirm your full name, date of birth and nationality.
• Explain the reasons behind your visa application and what you intend to do during your stay.
Visit the Visa application:
• How will you maintain yourself during your stay?
• What do you intend to do in the UK during your visit?
• Will you be working or studying during your stay?
• What is your current status in your country of origin?
• What family, social or cultural ties do you have with your country of origin.
Work visa application:
• Can you provide us with details of your job role and what you will be doing during your employment?
• Confirm your start date and salary.
• Tell us about your experiences and qualifications.
Entrepreneur/Investor Visa Application:
• Tell us about your current circumstances and the type of work you do.
• How did you obtain the funds to meet the application requirement?
• What will you do with the funds in the UK and how will you invest the money?
Student visa application:
• What course have you obtained to study in the UK?
• What else do you plan to do during your stay in the UK?
• Will you be leaving the UK at the end of the course?
• How it will be maintained during the stay.
• Are you really going to study in the UK?
It is imperative to ensure that you are aware of the requirements of your visa application. You should expect the entry clearance officer (ECO) to ask questions about the information and documents he has disclosed and submitted with the application.
We wish you the best of luck with your application. Get in touch with us if you need our support with any aspect related to your application.
We have used our experiences and information collected from customers to generalize possible questions. Please note that these are not guaranteed questions, as other types of questions may arise depending on personal circumstances and the documents presented.
Thank you for reading. ICS Legal